Languages:
 
OBJECTS
CESIS EXHIBITION HALL
CESIS EXHIBITION HALL Cesis Exhibition Hall is located in the former Stables and Couch-House of Count Carl Sievers, built in 1781. In restoring the building for the purposes of hosting exhibition, the Cesis Exhibition Hall was opened in 1985. read more »

CESIS HISTORY AND ART MUSEUM
CESIS HISTORY AND ART MUSEUM Museum of Cesis is one of the oldest and largest municipal museums in Latvia, found in 1925. The visitors can acquaint themselves with the history of Cesis starting from ancient history to right through to the bottles for the freedom of Latvia. read more »

CESIS MEDIEVAL CASTLE
CESIS MEDIEVAL CASTLE This year - in 2006 - the town of Cesis is celebrating its 800th anniversary of its founding. The origins of the town's history are linked to Cesis Medieval Castle, around which the town was built. Cesis Castle is Latvia’s most impressive and best preserved complex of castle ruins, and the most popular sight in Cesis. read more »

CESIS TOURISM INFORMATION CENTRE
CESIS TOURISM INFORMATION CENTRE Since 2001 Cesis Tourist information centre is located in the former Coachman’s House, built in the second half of the 19th century. read more »

THE CASTLE PARK
THE CASTLE PARK The Castle Park is the town’s most beautiful park and a favourite place for relaxation. The origins of the park date back to 1812, when the first work began to turn the adjacent Riekstu kalns (Nut Hill) and the castle ruins into a park. read more »

THE ANCIENT SMITHY
THE ANCIENT SMITHY Experimental archaeological workshop 'The ancient smithy' is located in Cesis History and Art Museum. It is the workplace of Master of Applied Arts Daumants Kalnins, who is engaged in the work of the ancient craftsmen. read more »

MAY PARK
MAY PARK May park was created for the needs of visitors in the mid-19th century. Since in the 19th century romantic castle ruins had come into fashion in garden architecture, such ruins were created here as well. read more »

 
GO TO TOP |  PAGE MAP

  

Home page is financially supported by European Union.   ES karogs