Former Stables and Couch-House of Count Carl Sievers, were built in 1781, the date, which has been cut in the metal sheet of the weather vane at the sough end of the building. Today it is listed as a national architectural monument.
In restoring the building’s facade and adopting the indoor premises for the purposes of hosting exhibition, the Cesis Exhibition Hall was opened in 1985. Since then a variety of Latvian and international exhibitions, chorus and chamber concerts can be seen here.
Since 1983 Cesis regularly hosts the only international water-colour plenary in Europe. It is an international art event, which has already involved artists from more than 20 different countries. Every second year, each participating artist contributes to the internationally significant collection of watercolor art of painting one work made during the plein-air event. In the collection there are already more than 300 paintings made by artists from
Open: 10.00 - 17.00
Closed on Mondays
Contact information:Tourism information centre
Pils laukums 1,